reinstall spooler?

Reaction score
hi everyone
when trying to solve a problem with my print spooler i accidentally deleted too many keys including the bj monitorstandard tcp/ icp monitor etc etc.

i used the cleanspool. exe after getting the 'subsytem spool error' message over and over again.
i tried all the usual routes i.e microsoft but now im really stuck!

is there anyway of reinstalling the print spooler? do i have to reinstall windows xp2

someone help!

g

Reaction score
ok

tried everything at microsoft! system restore doesnt help
will try lkg and let you know

thx for your help!

Reaction score
mate

still doesnt work

the actual registry keys i deleted were in the monitor branch - Standard TCP/IP Port &r the BJ Language Monitor.

ive checked all over the web and it looks like there has been a major problem with the print spooleras i did 'subsystem spooler error' in windows xp, so surely someone must have a solution..pleeease!!

g

Reaction score
Do you know the exact registry keys you deleted? If not you may have to re-install XP:(

If you re-installed XP do you not get box's appear in set up asking you what you want to do, re: set up, you may be able to repair without doing a full install? But you need to check this out as i'm not 100% sure on this. I'm off home now so will check back after 20:00 (8pm)

Reaction score
Remove all traces of the printer remove the driver>Re-install the printer that should work:)

Ask a Question