registry cleaners?

tdc

Reaction score
I am buying a new
icon7.gif
desktop Acer M421G 1TB. I have previously used an old Acer laptop and have never been to worried about registry cleaners.​

A couple of questions:​
are registry cleaners actually needed?​
I have looked at 2 systems: Error Fix and Ultra optimizer. Are either of them any good or are there any other systems I should be looking at.​
Once again any sugestions would be appreciated.​

tdc​

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't trust any of them and don't use registry cleaners.

The registry is a delicate bunch of code, remove one thing and the whole lot could come tumbling down.

Just my POV though.

I have often removed stuff manually from the registry, only once messed things up a little which was fairly recently. In removing some software entries I inadvertently removed my video drivers as well. oops :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd avoid them too - sometimes they can do something useful, but not usually... and there is a small chance they can really mess things up. the tradeoff just isn't worth it.

If your system needs a cleanup there are lots of other things you can do to boost the speed. :) If it's running well, I wouldn't risk using a "cleaner".

CCleaner is a bit of an exception, as it's a free tool that can perform some handy cleanup tools without much risk. It's mainly used to clean temp files, rather than clean the registry.

Ask a Question