Registration error

Tim Brown

We have a user who complains that when he tries to open a message in Outlook
2002 SP3 he gets the following message:

Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The Program is not
correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program

The only information I can find refers to Outlook 97

Feng Mao

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting!

Please post this question in the microsoft.public.outlook.general
newsgroup. The microsoft.public.outlook.general newsgroup is primarily for
issues involving Microsoft Outlook products. We recommend posting
appropriately so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and
so other partners who regularly read the newsgroups can either share their
knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Currently, I wonder if it happens to all messages or just some special
ones. Based on my research, some issues can be caused by the embeded
component. Also, according to the below KB article, it can also be related
to Internet Explorer / Outlook Express.

318653 OL2000: "An OLE Registration Error Occurred" Error Message if You
Start
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318653

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE