Reg Hosts file in system32 directory

Hi there,

I use windows XP professional . I was checking the my hosts file i have
found a entry (static ip address ) of my remote server. Named "application"
with the concerned IP address inthe hosts file. so i am in doubt wheather
my system has been hijacked or infected ? So please help me to understand
!!! Till now i did not make any entries in the hosts file.. so i wanted how
the hosts file entry will be made automatically...?

thanks,
Rizwan

Larry(LJL269)

I'm on RR with 'clean' XPhome& my hosts has 1 entry :
127.0.0.1 localhost

See http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

HTH-Larry

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:35:28 +0530,

|Hi there,
|
|I use windows XP professional . I was checking the my hosts file i have
|found a entry (static ip address ) of my remote server. Named "application"
|with the concerned IP address inthe hosts file. so i am in doubt wheather
|my system has been hijacked or infected ? So please help me to understand
|!!! Till now i did not make any entries in the hosts file.. so i wanted how
|the hosts file entry will be made automatically...?
|
|thanks,
|Rizwan

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

David H. Lipman

From: <[email protected]>

| Hi there,
|
| I use windows XP professional . I was checking the my hosts file i have
| found a entry (static ip address ) of my remote server. Named "application"
| with the concerned IP address inthe hosts file. so i am in doubt wheather
| my system has been hijacked or infected ? So please help me to understand
| !!! Till now i did not make any entries in the hosts file.. so i wanted how
| the hosts file entry will be made automatically...?
|
| thanks,
| Rizwan

Please learn to Cross-Post to relevant News Groups instead of Multi-Posting the same subject
matter.

Wesley Vogel

It would be helpful if you explained that.

If a person is multiposting, chances are they do not even know what
crossposting or multiposting are.

If a message MUST be posted to multiple groups, post a single message and
select all the groups (or type their names manually, separated by commas) in
which you want it to be seen. This is called Crossposting and when used
properly it is *GOOD*.

This question was posted individually to multiple groups.

This is called Multiposting and it's *BAD*.

Replies made in one group will not be visible in the other groups, which
may cause multiple people to respond to a question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it.

This is a waste of time.
-----

Please don't multi-post.
http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

With Outlook Express...

To send your message to multiple newsgroups on the same news server, in the
New Message dialog box, click the icon next to Newsgroups. In the Pick
Newsgroups dialog box, click one or more newsgroups from the list (hold down
the CTRL key to select multiple newsgroups), and then click Add. You can
choose from all newsgroups or only those you subscribe to by clicking Show
only subscribed newsgroups.

You can send a given message to more than one newsgroup at a time only if
all the newsgroups are on the same news server. To post a message to
newsgroups on other news servers, create a separate message for each news
server.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Kelly

Wow, yall guys evidently get around to other groups to know this! <w> How
does one find the time?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

Wesley Vogel said:
[...]

I do not have a family or hurricane victims to take care of. I do not have
to keep up a website. Nor do I need to spend time writing batch files,
scripts or programs. Or beta testing MS software. I don't even have to
spend time writing Windows XP Expert Zone articles.

How do you find the time, Kelly? ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes