Referrals

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
For ages, the issue of 'referrals' has puzzled me:

1 How do you 'refer' someone and what's the criteria?
2 Can you know who's referred you and why?

I am being curious as my 'referral' rate has gone up and I am not sure why. Perhaps when you hit the magic 10 or something like that, the member self destructs or is eliminated like a reality TV show!!

Please dooo tell!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
gabriella said:
For ages, the issue of 'referrals' has puzzled me:

1 How do you 'refer' someone and what's the criteria?
2 Can you know who's referred you and why?

I am being curious as my 'referral' rate has gone up and I am not sure why. Perhaps when you hit the magic 10 or something like that, the member self destructs or is eliminated like a reality TV show!!

Please dooo tell!

Gabriella x

i think when a new member signs up
there is a part on the form they fill out

do u know a current pcreview user?
and in your case they would have written GABRIELLA!:)

i think only admin knows who signed up using u as a refferel but would be nice to know eh!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
From the manual:

vBulletin includes a feature that will allow your community members to be rewarded for recruiting new users to your bulletin board. A user can gain a referral by attracting a new user to the vBulletin forum via a special referral link. A typical referral link looks a bit like this:

http://www.yourwebsite.com/vbulletindirectory/m/forum/index.php?referrerid=$userid

(Where $userid is the unique ID number of the user)

I think it must calculate it another way too, as I've got a refferal and I don't know how :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Well, that's really interesting Ian. I wonder how the referral rate is calculated.

I am ashamed to say that I am not aware of anyone joining as a consequence of knowing me or being referred by me.

I am a nosey Northern girl who is fascinated by this!! It's all the more interesting as my knowledge of computers is about as basic as they come so I know I haven't been referred for my computer prowess.

It must be my gorgeous personality (lol!!)

Gabriella x

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gabriella,

You keep saying you know nufing bout puters! You just said in another thread you found 16 best utilities, is that not what geeks usually come up with? :D

As for the referrals, to be honest I have no clue who those people are (I too have more than one indicated) :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hello Quad!!

I will tell you a secret..... a few years ago I couldn't even turn a PC on (I absolutely, really mean that!!) and I went to college as what I needed to do at that time was learn to use a word processor to help with work etc... Since that time, I have qualified to RSA 3. So that's good but what I am hungry for now is more in depth knowledge of how a PC works, what can go wrong and how to fix things. Sure, I can surf the internet and find answers to searching questions, post shortcuts and the like but I want to do more!

My ambition is to build my own PC and I am going to be off work for quite some time later this year post surgery and that's part of my plan to keep me away from the dreaded UK daytime TV which (with the greatest respect) is enough to send anyone absolutely bonkers!!

I have truly learned so much on this site and I cannot thank people enough for listening to my (daft) questions and spending the time helping me. Of late and especially with spyware and adware I have been able to pass little bits on to people. 12 months ago, I had never heard of either!!

BTW I found the freebies because I thought I'd search and see what I came up with!!

Bye for now!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
well ill be the first to congrat you on your computer sucess from these very smart Computer "Nerds" hahaha. Well i have learned a lot of words i didnt know compuetrs were associated with. I built my computer because you guys gave me the drive to buy my stuff and put it together.! thank you ALL! :D

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Hello Quad!!

that's part of my plan to keep me away from the dreaded UK daytime TV which (with the greatest respect) is enough to send anyone absolutely bonkers!!

Woohoo! Trisha!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Oooh Chris shame on you!!!!

Trisha is about the most trashy programme I think I have ever watched. I may be getting a bit close to the edge but it's full of very strange people that ought not to be given air time.

Just the thought of a few weeks of Ms T is enough to send me into a flat spin!!!

Well it takes all sorts I suppose, my kids love it!!

Gabriella x

Ask a Question