redundancy letter to an employee

Sam2k9

I am looking for a standard redundancy letter to give an employee. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

DeanH

This forum is for Word application issues and problems not content.
I am sure Google will be your friend, especially in the current climate.
DeanH

JoAnn Paules

Standard redundancy letter? Nothing like crushing someone's ego when you're
taking their job away.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

But isn't it sad that there should even be a "standard" letter for firing
someone?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

DeanH

Very sad, yes. Face to face would be better, but not much;
from personal experience many moons ago :-(
A colleague has told me that some of her friends were made redundant not
that long ago by email.
Wonder if there is a "standard email"....
DeanH

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Another example of poor leadership at work.

Tom
: Standard redundancy letter? Nothing like crushing someone's ego when
you're
: taking their job away.
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
: Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
:
:
: : >I am looking for a standard redundancy letter to give an employee. Any
help
: > would be appreciated.
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: > Sam
:
:

grammatim

There's always the Donald Trump approach: "Ya fired." (Sorry, I got
sucked into this season's Celebrity Apprentice, because they reran the
opening episode one Saturday night when there was nothing else to do.)

JoAnn Paules

Public humiliation on top of ego crushing and unemployment. That's a
trifecta, isn't it? Or is it a hat trick?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

There's always the Donald Trump approach: "Ya fired." (Sorry, I got
sucked into this season's Celebrity Apprentice, because they reran the
opening episode one Saturday night when there was nothing else to do.)

grammatim

I've never watched any of the original *Apprentice* series (I can't
stand Trump -- he has covered New York City with hideous buildings;
why doesn't he realize that he can get a good architect for exactly
the same fee as a hack architect?), but *Celebrity Apprentice* is
different (and unlike on *Dancing with the Stars*, many of the
participants are actual celebrities), because these are folks whose
egos deserve to be crushed. They're good enough at one thing to have
become fairly successful, which leads them to believe they're good at
other things, too.

(I'm not sure what Trump is good at -- doesn't he regularly come quite
close to bankruptcy?)

:: "Sam2k9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
:: >I am looking for a standard redundancy letter to give an employee. Any
help
: > would be appreciated.-

Mark Tangard

Hm. If the person preparing to do the firing is too inarticulate to
compose the letter without help, and dumb enough to ask for that help in
this forum, then maybe, just maybe, the wrong person is being fired.