Windows XP recycle bin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You must have some files still in use there - which is quite unusual... I'd do a virus scan and then restart you PC and try again. Can you tell what files are left in there?

Reaction score
Recycle bin will not empty

Sorry Ian'

I cannot tell you what files are in the recycle bin as it does not show any
until I click empty recycle bin this displays --Are you sure you want to
delete these 41 files --THEN---Cannot delete DK144: Cannot read from the
source file or disk. Would appreciate your help.

Tommy

Reaction score
If you have a norton/symantec software that protects you fron deleting the recycle bin you will be unable to delete it.
try going to the safe mode and deleting the recycle bin and i am sure it should work fine.

to go to safe mode you should hit the f8 key as soon as the system restarts and choose the options from the advanced boot options.

if that does not help please let me know

Reaction score
Laptop will not connect to Internet through router

I am trying to connect a laptop to my router and when I plugged in to my daughters laptop it worked perfect. But for some unbeknown reason the other laptop comes up with the message it didnt find any lan interfaces on the computerthis after I tried using a speedtouch set up disk.It also say's I should make sure I have installed the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)and make sure I have connected and powered up my speedtouch which I have. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Tommy

Reaction score
The drivers windows is talking about can be checked in the control panel, under add remove programs, windows components, then checking the details of networking components,or services. Also I don't believe that windows XP Home, allows netowrking among computers, only access to internet networks, but i could be very wrong about that..... My best bet is no discovery program is installed under network components so check that.

Reaction score
0x800CCC78

0x800CCC78 Pops up when I click send/recieve on outlook express and all the details are correct but it still comes up telling me to check my email address can anyone help me please.

Reaction score
0x800CCC78 Pops up when I click send/recieve on outlook express and all the details are correct but it still comes up telling me to check my email address can anyone help me please.

Reaction score
To resolve this issue

1.Check the e-mail address in the To box. 2.Select the e-mail address in the To box, right-click the message, and verify that the e-mail address displayed matches the address in the Reply To box.

If the addresses in these two places match, please try to reply again. If the addresses in these two places do not match, change the "reply-to" address for your MSN account member ID in Configuration Settings.

Try this too.

1.Open Outlook Express, and on the Tools menu, click Accounts . 2.In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click the Mail tab, click the server in the Account column, and then click Properties . 3.In the Properties dialog box, click the Servers tab, and under Outgoing Mail Server click to select the My server requires authentication checkbox.
If that does not work try this

1.Start Outlook Express. 2.On the Tools menu, click Accounts . Check to see if an existing MSN account is listed. Perform one of the following steps, as applicable: •If no MSN account is listed: a. Click Add , and then click Mail to start the Internet Connection Wizard. Type your display name as you want it to appear on your e-mails, and then click Next . b. Click I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use, and then type your full MSN e-mail address. Click Next . c. In the Incoming mail server box, type pop3.email.msn.com . In the Outgoing mail server box, type smtp.email.msn.com . (If the customer uses a LAN, DSL, or a cable modem, replace with secure.email.smtp.msn.com .) Click Next . d. Type your MSN account name and password in the space provided. Ensure that the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box is selected. Click Next . e. Click Finish . •If an MSN account is listed: a. Click your MSN e-mail account in the list, and then click Properties . b. Click the Servers tab, and then click the My server requires authentication check box under Outgoing Mail Server . c. Click Settings . d. Click Log on using. Type your MSN user name in the Account Name box (do not include the @msn.com domain name). Type your MSN password in the Password box. The Remember password check box should already be selected. e. Click to select the Log on using Secure Password Authentication check box. f. Click OK , click Apply , click OK again, and then click Close .
And finally if none of the above work reinstall outlook express or upgrade it to the latest version

Ask a Question