Recycle Bin erased by mistake... how to put it back???

FRSNK

Hi everybody,

I erased by mistake the recycle bin on the desktop... does anyone has an
idea to put it back...???

Thanks in advance,

FRSNK

WTC

FRSNK said:
Hi everybody,

I erased by mistake the recycle bin on the desktop... does anyone has an
idea to put it back...???

Open up the Display Properties in the Control Panel and select "Desktop"
tab, then "Customize Desktop" button. You should be able to add the Recycle
Bin back to your desktop by checking the Recycle Bin option.

FRSNK

Thanks man.. I already did it and did not fix it, but someone already gave
me the answer in a french newsgroup...

Get into the registry... find the key named:
Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Deskto
Right click on it on the NameSpace folder, option New -> Key
Create a new key called: {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
Close the registry and then push on F5 to refresh the desktop..
Voilà... the recycle bin is back!!!!

Thanks anyway... I'll stay around anyway... I like your reactivity...!!!!

FRSNK

WTC

Good to hear that you have your Recycle Bin back. I was going to provide you
the Recycle Bin Namespace for the Recycle Bin solution if the first method I
posted didn't work but you have already received this solution from another
knowledgeable user.

Thanks for your feedback of the solution to you problem so that others may
benefit from it.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

And here is a great KB article.

The Recycle Bin does not appear on the Desktop:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com