Recurring meetings disappearing

Reaction score
My senario:

Three individuals - two Administrative Assistants [AA's] and one manager. AA1 has Outlook 2003 SP1, AA2 & manager have Outlook 2002 SP3. AA2 is a delegate of the manager's mailbox. AA1 creates a recurring meeting and invites the manager to the meetings. AA2 accepts the meetings on behalf of the manager. Then AA1 makes an update to one of the incidences of the recurring meeting, and sends the update out, which AA2 accepts on the manager's behalf. All is good in 99% of the time, but every now and then, they will discover that one of the appointments has disappeared from the managers calendar. I have not been able to reproduce this myself, but I was able to see at least one time where the appointment status was "tenative" rather than "busy", even when AA2 accepted the meeting and AA1 had the acceptance message in her mailbox. Has anyone ever seen this occur? This has happened enough times in our organization as to where it is becoming a real problem. Thanks.

Ask a Question