Recovery disk will not work..Now what??....Help

backstreets

I tried to reload windows and my computer crashed. Tried to load the
recovery disk but all I get is the Gateway start up screen and nothing
happens.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

asim662

Ted said:
Contact Gateway - it's their recovery CD.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"backstreets" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
I tried to reload windows and my computer crashed. Tried to load the
recovery disk but all I get is the Gateway start up screen and
nothing
happens.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark
-

Maybe the CD is scratched and is not being read by the CDROM or the
CDROM's lens is dirty. try cleaning the lens of the CDROM by using a
lens cleaning CD.

if the recovery CD is scratched or dirty, try washing the CD with a
soap (which u might use for facewash and not detergent) and after
washing the CD let it dry for a while and reinsert into the ROM, it
might just work.