Recording music

I'd like to record music from tape cassettes and CDs and then copy them to a
portable MP3 player or a CD. Please tell me how to do this?

Sincerely,

Mitch

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You'll need to purchase Plus! Digital Media Edition to accomplish your goal.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/dmehome.asp

This document is a downloadable version of the Help that accompanies
Microsoft® Plus! Digital Media Edition. This document explains how
to use the Plus! Digital Media Edition features with photos, digital music,
home movies, and portable devices:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme/help.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

(e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I'd like to record music from tape cassettes and CDs and then copy them to a
| portable MP3 player or a CD. Please tell me how to do this?
|
| Sincerely,
|
| Mitch

Ian

I'd like to record music from tape cassettes and CDs and then copy them to a
portable MP3 player or a CD. Please tell me how to do this?

Its very easy. You will need software such as the Plus Digital Media
Edition or Roxio's Easy CD Creator. If you are in the HK then January'
Edition of Personal Computer World has a copy of LP ripper on its cover
disc which will do the job.

You will also need a lead to connect your amplifier to your sound card.
Usually this will be twin phono plugs for the amplifier and a 3.5mm
stereo jack plug for the sound card end. Again if you are in the UK try
contacting Combined Precision Components at www.cpc.co.uk Even with
paying their small order charge you are likely to get the lead much
cheaper than going to the shops.