recognizing and connecting a Sony Handycam

G

I am trying wmm for the first time. I have a Sony DCR-TRV33 Handycam. I caanot seem to get it connected to wmm.
1- Is there some software I need to obtain from Sony or a driver set from Wmm?

I am using a Dell Inspirioin 8200 and cann connect the camera via the Dell capture attachment or to a USB port. Neither seem effective. In wmm there is no device listed such as a camcorder.
2- Can anyone provide the info for the proper settings in Wmm and the answers to hooking it all together.

Thanks.

G

Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media

I'm not conversant with the "dell capture attachment". What you need to
connect the cam to the pc is a firewire (ieee1394/ilink) connection. Have a
look in device manager and see if you have one on the pc, it'll be listed as
ieee1394 bus host controller, or something similar. You then need to find
the port, and get a cable to connect the two together. Do a google image
search for firewire adn it'll show pics of the two main types, 4 pina dn 6
pin.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.simplydv.co.uk

jlgrossman said:
I am trying wmm for the first time. I have a Sony DCR-TRV33 Handycam. I
caanot seem to get it connected to wmm.
1- Is there some software I need to obtain from Sony or a driver set from Wmm?

I am using a Dell Inspirioin 8200 and cann connect the camera via the Dell
capture attachment or to a USB port. Neither seem effective. In wmm there is
no device listed such as a camcorder.
2- Can anyone provide the info for the proper settings in Wmm and the
answers to hooking it all together.

G

Hey

I've just been throught his whole procedure trying to connect my Sony Handycam to my computer. The only way to do it is through a firewire connection. You may or may not have one of these on your computer depending on how old it is. If its a laptop you may need to buy a IEEE 1394 card (costs around £30 from PC world online). The USB connector that you have with your camcorder only downloads digital still pictures that are recorded on to your memory stick, as far as I know it cannot capture (download) moving pictures from your camera onto your computer. As soon as you get a fire wire cable your camera should automatically be recognised by your computers plug and play feature. Sounds simple now but its taken me two weeks to find someone to explain all of this to me. Good luck.

Ask a Question