recieving emails

evo

when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail
server, who is on a different account on the same computer.

The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid
user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

any possible ideas this means nothing to me

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

What does "different account" mean? Different Windows user account, or
different mail account on the same Windows Mail program?
I take it that your wife's account is with tiscali.co.uk while yours is
elsewhere? Who is your mail provider? Not sure what the problem is:
you are not receiving mail, or your wife is not receiving mail?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"evo" wrote in message
when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail
server, who is on a different account on the same computer.

The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid
user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

any possible ideas this means nothing to me

evo

I cannot recieve emails.
when i try, windows security window appears " Logon to pop tiscali.co.uk "
Please verify username and password are correct for your mail server.

But not for my mail server but for my wifes. She has her own Windows user
account.

Tiscali is the mail provider for both of us. Each having a seperate mail
account.

The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid
user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

This is the same problem as posted by wd today 06/14/2010.

This has also only started in the last 2/3 days after no problems previously.

I have not updated or loaded a new version of vista, still the same version
as supplied with the machine.

Hope this is enough information, seems something is going wrong worldwide.

"evo" wrote in message
when i try to recieve emails a pop up window appears asking for my wifes mail
server, who is on a different account on the same computer.

The error message is Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid
user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92

any possible ideas this means nothing to me

.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I don't understand your statement "not for my mail server but for my wifes".
If you both have accounts with Tiscali, wouldn't the mail server be the same?

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://webmail.tiscali.co.uk
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here: