Receiving Emails No Color

Donnie

Hi Guys, I hope you can help me.

When I receieve emails from my friends (font colors, background colors etc.) no colors show. If they send an email with red font and a blue background, I receieve an email with normal black text and a white normal background.

I have checked that I am seeing an HTML-based message. I have checked the Outlook options but cannot find anything suspicious. I have also made a repair, all to no avail..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you using a virus scanner on your email? It may be stripping the HTML.
You verified you aren't using the option to read all mail as plain text?
Tools, options, email options.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

Donnie

Yes, no virus scanner is stripping the color away, thats for sure.
Also I checked the options and yes I am reading the message in HTML; the same way it was sent. All the font types and pics are there but just no color. This is really strange and I cannot come up with the answer.

outlookmvp wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 15:1

Donnie said:
Hi Guys, I hope you can help me.

When I receieve emails from my friends (font colors, background colors
etc.) no colors show. If they send an email with red font and a blue
background, I receieve an email with normal black text and a white normal
background.

I have checked that I am seeing an HTML-based message. I have checked the
Outlook options but cannot find anything suspicious. I have also made a
repair, all to no avail.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.co

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Does new mail display correctly if close outlook and restart using the /safe
switch?

--

Donnie said:
Yes, no virus scanner is stripping the color away, thats for sure.
Also I checked the options and yes I am reading the message in HTML; the
same way it was sent. All the font types and pics are there but just no
color. This is really strange and I cannot come up with the answer.

outlookmvp wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 15:14

Donnie said:
Hi Guys, I hope you can help me.

When I receieve emails from my friends (font colors, background colors
etc.) no colors show. If they send an email with red font and a blue
background, I receieve an email with normal black text and a white
normal background.

I have checked that I am seeing an HTML-based message. I have checked
the Outlook options but cannot find anything suspicious. I have also
made a repair, all to no avail.. Submitted using
http://www.outlookforums.com

Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Donnie

Safemode is the same.

Please let me retell the problem. Its when I receieve colored emails, in the preview reading pane it shows no colored text. But if I choose to reply to the message or foward it, the colors show.

Any ideas?

outlookmvp wrote on Sun, 01 November 2009 17:0