conditional format - table - cell empty return default color

O

oldyork90

I inserted a table with alternating colors. I don't see the formatting code - it's a table feature.

I format the background of any particular cell based on whatever. Problem is I can't figure out to return the default color on isblank(). How do you do that? I get a white or certain color background no matter what formatting I select.

I have this feeling that as soon as you enter formatting rules, Excel puts it's own on hold.

My table alternates blue, white, blue ... row to row. It's just a standard table type

Thanks

O

oldyork90

I inserted a table with alternating colors. I don't see the formatting code - it's a table feature.

I format the background of any particular cell based on whatever. Problem is I can't figure out to return the default color on isblank(). How do you do that? I get a white or certain color background no matter what formatting I select.

I have this feeling that as soon as you enter formatting rules, Excel puts it's own on hold.

My table alternates blue, white, blue ... row to row. It's just a standard table type

Thanks

Can't be done. Excel surrenders its formatting as soon as you pick it up. I had to do the mod 2 trick.
Thanks.

Ask a Question