recall email

Messages that I want to recall constantly fail - this is very worrying,
particularly as I've just sent a 'proper' email in error. Am following the
correct procedures ie Actions > Recall this message > Delete unread copies...

It should work but I've tested it several times and it doesn't - can anyone
help me please?

Many thanks

Kim

Vanguard

CustomerClix said:
Messages that I want to recall constantly fail - this is very
worrying,
particularly as I've just sent a 'proper' email in error. Am following
the
correct procedures ie Actions > Recall this message > Delete unread
copies...

It should work but I've tested it several times and it doesn't - can
anyone
help me please?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group..._frm/thread/a95ddf51b5cafdd4/690b537bd8060e9f

or http://snipurl.com/cyyi for a shorter URL to the same Google Groups
post.

Scott Atkins[MSFT]

Hi,

Message Recall will not be successful if:

The recipient is not using Outlook.
The recipient is not logged on to the mail service provider.
The message has been moved from the Inbox.
The message has been read.This includes viewing the message with the Preview Pane so that the message is flagged as Read.

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197094/

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications

Scott Atkins said:
Hi,

Message Recall will not be successful if:

The recipient is not using Outlook.
The recipient is not logged on to the mail service provider.
The message has been moved from the Inbox.
The message has been read.This includes viewing the message with the Preview Pane so that the message is flagged as Read.

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197094/

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications

I tried the recall process this AM. The recipient and I are both on a
Microsoft Exchange and he uses Outlook. I did the recall process within
about one minute of sending. I have not yet received any result notice,
either positive or negative. What does that mean? And I really need someone
who knows because it was a business message that would be recieved by a very
wrong person!

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

1. This person is not logged onto Outlook.
2. The message has been received and is sitting in their inbox unread.
3. The person has read/moved the message.
4. The person declined the message recall request.

The best and only fool-proof (deliberate choice of adjective here) method is to save messages to drafts before sending and then review carefully sender and message before hitting Send.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Feldo1 asked: