Reassigning bluetooth virtual COM port

LADA54

When you connect to a new bluetooth device (GPS), the bluetooth manager in
Windows Vista Business chooses the number of the COM port itself. COM41 is
too high for maping software, and I need to reassign it to COM1 - COM10. Does
anyone know how I might do this?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Open device manager
Goto ports
Locate the Standard Serial over Bluetooth(Comx)
Right-click on it and go to properties
Choose the port setting tab
Choose the advanced Button
There is a drop down box which allows you to select a com port number to
use.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]