RE: Using net time command

Jacob [MSFT]

Hi Carmen,

Please check the following settings:

On the Windows 2000 machine, please go to Start > Programs > Admin Tools > Local Security Policy.

Expand the Local Policies folder, and then highlight the User Rights Assignment.

In the Right pane, double click the "Change the system time" to change the settings.

Sincerely,

Jacob Fu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

| From: "Carmen" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Carmen" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Using net time command
| Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:31:06 -0700
|
| I was in User Manager for Domains on the NT 4.0 BDC and in
| the user rights policies, added Domain Users to the change
| system time right.
|
| At the Windows 2000 pro workstation, I'm still getting the
| error 1314, a required privilege is not held by the client.

| >|
| >| We have Windows 2000 Professional machines logging into
| >| domain with NT 4.0 Domain controllers. We have set up
| >| login script that runs net time
| >| \\Domaincontroller /set /yes
| >|
| >| When our Domain User Group runs this script on their
| >| machines, they are getting a system error 1314, a
| required
| >| priviledge is nto held by the client.
| >|
| >| How do I allow domain users the right to change the
| system
| >| time on their workstations?
| >|
| >|
| >|

| >.

Jacob [MSFT]

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to hear everything is working now.

Sincerely,

Jacob Fu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

| From: "Carmen" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Carmen" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Using net time command
| Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:12:50 -0700
|
| Thanks. I was hoping this could be done automatically but
| not with this setup. Time to go to W2K with AD.

| >|
| >| At the Windows 2000 pro workstation, I'm still getting
| the
| >| error 1314, a required privilege is not held by the
| client.
| >|
| >|

| >| >|