Re-installing Windows XP - Dynamic Disk

I have Celeron 1.7GHz with 256MB RAM. Two 40GB Hard Disk Drives. DigiGiga
with Intel Chipset Motherboard. Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.

Everything was working fine. To boost the performance of my PC later I
convert my disks to Dynamic.

After a few days, I have to reinstall Windows XP because of a SpyWare
Attack. When I was trying to reinstall, the Windows XP setup is not showing
the Partitions correctly.

Can anyone tell me that how I can reinstall Windows XP without first
converting my disks to Basic Disk. I have nearly 60GB data on my both hard
disks.

Chuck Davis

Questions: By "Dynamic" are you referring to NTFS? Basic to FAT32? If so
should not revert to FAT32.

I have made "house calls" to approximately 200 computer club members during
the last 2 years. Never have I had to reinstall WinXP because of spyware
attacks or browser hijacks. Sure it's possible that reinstalling is faster,
but never as satisfactory. Occasionally, I will bring the 'sick' computer
home for a couple of days of cleansing using my computer to search the
internet for clues to the problem. I have made it a rule not to buy or
download free programs that claim to clean it up.

I understand that what u r actually trying to say. Forget about the Spyware
or Virus attack.

Tell me if there is any way to re-install Windows XP (by any reason) on
dynamic disks.

The question is simple. I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on Dynamic
Disk. By any reason (whatever it is), i want to re-install Windows XP.

What is the method? Before reply, you must check it.

Waiting for comments!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Error Message About Partition Appears When You Install Windows XP
to a Dynamic Volume
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283421/en-us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------

:

| The question is simple. I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on Dynamic
| Disk. By any reason (whatever it is), i want to re-install Windows XP.
|
| What is the method? Before reply, you must check it.
|
| Waiting for comments!

VanguardLH

PA said:
jean wrote:
Why are you replying to a post dated 02 April 2006?

See the OP's headers:

The OP is used a leeching webnews-for-boobs forum that pretends to have
a larger community by gatewaying to Usenet. Users of web-based forums
all too often don't bother to look at datestamps before replying.

Look at the boob's post. We see the HTML code for the URL link (the <A>
HTML tag) but the web-based forum would present it as a clickable link.
Forum-to-Usenet leeching gateways are noted for spewing out screwed up
posts to Usenet.

At the bottom of the newspe.com page it says: