Re-Install SBS Server?

I'll try and give as much info as possible so u have a clear picture.

I have a Windows 2000 SBS Server. (Main File Server)
I have a Windows 2000 Server (Preforms a few non-critical functions)
Both servers are in AD.

I currently use the SQL server but not the Exchange server on the SBS
server.

I have been informed that there is a "Bad Stripe" from our raid controller
on the SBS server. I need to re-create the stripes and this means blowing
away my current SBS server.

Here is my question.

I'll do a full backup.
Can I blow away my SBS server and install Windows 2000 server with SQL
instead. When doing the installtion; shouldn't it suck back all my user
accounts ect... from my other server? Is this the best way to go? I would
like to install from scratch becuase then I would have a fresh registry
ect....

Any ideas would be helpfull.

K.J.B.

Daniel Chang [MSFT]

You may have success posting to

microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

As far as I know, SBS requires that it be the root of the AD forest and
installed as the first DC in your directory. I'm not sure if you can just
install a new SBS installation and then sync back the Active Directory from
your other DC.

--
Daniel Chang
Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

: