Re-install after "Fatal System Error" Window and Lost files

G

Ok I have to admit it, I was fooling around, trying to change the boot up screen in WinXP Pro.
After playing with the program, I deleted it, and Yes it was a beta test program. Anyways
I deleted the program, and upon restarting the pc, I got a blue screen that said
"Fatal System Error" and the error code was, I believe, "0x00000000 0x00000000" unfortunately I lost the piece
of paper on it that I had it written down on.

I tried to bring the PC up in safe mode "F8" and got all the different boot options, and trying all of them, but received
the WINXP pro version of the "Blue screen of death" I guess.

In the end I ended up putting the WINXP cd in, and re-installed the software, I did also receive the warnings about
it may overwrite "My Documents" (which of course it did) now, I have two seperate Administrators, and "All Users" and my main "Identity" They are named Administrator, then "Administrator.user-afmy (etc)" I am unable to access my email boxes using msoe also, well the "old" identities email anyways.

When I try to access the "my documents" under the old identity, it comes up with "access denied"

Any suggestions, I am thinking "format" is going to be the end result here.

Is there any ways of accessing the previous user info (user vs user.name-afmy.....)

Any assistance would be great, the more the better,,, Thanks :)

G

Since its a new install,why not reselect,this time choose "new copy",that
way both are deleted and you get the right format with xp on it.
You can try,boot to cd,repair,press enter for password,1st.type: DiskPart
See if theres a copy or partition of xp to simply delete,if not type:EXIT
then type:CHKDSK C: /R
When its thru,type:EXIT

Ask a Question