Re: Copy and paste not working

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hassan,

This has to do with some application that's having a lock over the Windows
Clipboard. David Candy's application should determine the Process that's
causing the problem.

Download GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/temp/GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip

Unzip and run the tool. Post back what it reports. For best results, run
this utility during the time you encounter the Copy<=>Paste problem.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

vnvskumar

Ramesh,

I am able to fix the problem.Thanks a lot! Strangely this problem
occured due to outlook.exe.

-sKumar

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback, Kumar.
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Ramesh,

I am able to fix the problem.Thanks a lot! Strangely this problem
occured due to outlook.exe.

-sKumar

anotherjohn

I am encountering what seems to be the same problem as the origina
poster. For no obvious reason that I can determine, I lose th
ability to use my system clipboard to cut and paste material. Usin
the GetOpenClipboardWindow.exe utility and the Windows Task Manager
it appears that the application locking the clipboard is mstsc.exe
According to microsoft.com, this is a component of Terminal Services
I have not explicitly run mstsc.exe, although I am using Remot
Desktop to monitor machine(s) in our lab

The only remedy I have found so far is to reboot my computer, which i
not a practical solution given the frequency with which this proble
recurs, the length of time a reboot requires, and the amount o
application state I need to recover after rebooting. Does anyone hav
a suggestion for how I might resolve the problem? This is rapidl
becoming a serious productivity killer

Thanks for any suggestions..

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Something to do with RDP's clipboard sharing option?

Clipboard. The Remote Desktop session and the client computer share a
clipboard, which allows data to be interchanged between applications running
on the remote computer and applications running on the client computer
within a Remote Desktop session.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

I am encountering what seems to be the same problem as the original
poster. For no obvious reason that I can determine, I lose the
ability to use my system clipboard to cut and paste material. Using
the GetOpenClipboardWindow.exe utility and the Windows Task Manager,
it appears that the application locking the clipboard is mstsc.exe.
According to microsoft.com, this is a component of Terminal Services.
I have not explicitly run mstsc.exe, although I am using Remote
Desktop to monitor machine(s) in our lab.

The only remedy I have found so far is to reboot my computer, which is
not a practical solution given the frequency with which this problem
recurs, the length of time a reboot requires, and the amount of
application state I need to recover after rebooting. Does anyone have
a suggestion for how I might resolve the problem? This is rapidly
becoming a serious productivity killer!

Thanks for any suggestions...

Don Schmidt

I have had good luck with copy/paste from one application to another by in
the copy stage, copy all except the last word and then do a paste. Then type
in the last word. (Actually copy all except the last key stroke).

Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank You so much Ramesh

My Outlook was hogging my clipboard.

The tool below helped me figure out which process was the troublesome one!

Cheers!
Laxman

Hassan,

This has to do with some application that's having a lock over the Windows
Clipboard. David Candy's application should determine the Process that's
causing the problem.

Download GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/temp/GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip

Unzip and run the tool. Post back what it reports. For best results, run
this utility during the time you encounter the Copy<=>Paste problem.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting