RDP Clip Monitor has encountered an error and needs to close

Anne Onimos

Every time I make a remote connection from my Win2K at work to my WinXp Pro
at home, I get the message "RDP Clip Monitor has encountered an error and
needs to close". The error signature info is "AppName: rdpclip.exe
AppVer:5.1.2600.1106 ModName lameacm.acm ModVer: 0.0.9.0 Offset: 0005d0f1"

Oddly enough, the rdp clip functionality seems to work until I clear the
error message from the screen. That is, while the message is on the screen,
I can copy from the XP session and paste in the 2K session. Once I've
cleared the error from the XP screen and terminated the session, the
mstsc.exe process on the Win2k box does not stop, and the app receiving the
paste will hang until I kill the mstsc.exe process.

Any ideas on how to stop this? I don't really need the functionality, but
the error is really annoying, and seems to leave the XP session in an
unstable state (I get random crashes sometimes after it occurs).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Anne Onimos

Mahadev Alladi[MS]

This is interesting.
Do you know of any application on the server (XP) or on your client box that
is holding the clipboard open.

Run clipbrd.exe on the client and the server see what goes into the
clipboard probably that might give you an idea regarding who is putting the
content on the clipboard. Do you suspect any anti-virus software running on
your machine also?

Anne Onimos

I'm not aware of any application that would be holding the clipboard open
when I make the connection. I did stop the error message by disabling the
lameacm.acm codec on the XP box. I will re-enable it and try your
suggestion to see if anything is on the clipboard when the error occurs.

I'm not sure what you mean by your comment about anti-virus software. I'm
running Norton AV on both PCs, never had any problems with it on either one.
I did try to make the connection with the AV and firewall disabled on both
sides of the connection, but this had no effect.

Anne Onimous
--
email address is munged - I think you can figure out what you need to remove
to reply ;-)
"Mahadev Alladi[MS]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
This is interesting.
Do you know of any application on the server (XP) or on your client box that
is holding the clipboard open.

Run clipbrd.exe on the client and the server see what goes into the
clipboard probably that might give you an idea regarding who is putting the
content on the clipboard. Do you suspect any anti-virus software running on
your machine also?

--
Mahadev Alladi [MS]
---