Rate my PC

Reaction score
I recently saw a thread named like mine in this section and registered an account to do same, so please couldyou rate my PC aswell?
I am gonna copy datas from my dxdiag...
Operating System: XP
Computer Processor: AMD ATHLON XP 2200+ ~ 1,8ghz
Computer Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics Card for XP**: RADEON 7000 / RADEON VE FAMILY (RADEON 7000 AGP [0x5159]
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 16bit (60HZ)

Please rate to today's standarts and tell me how much worth my PC is
What can I play with this? At the moment I play games like dwarf fortress and doomrl in ASCII-Style
I don't know today's standarts and that stuff, please help me.
Thanks for that...
If this is the wrong section, please tell me to which section in this forum I have to post.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Honestly? For new games it rather dated, sorry to say.

Reaction score
V_R said:
Honestly? For new games it rather dated, sorry to say.
Yes honestly... rather dated means rather dead? Rubbish?
Please tell me which PC's are today's standart and tell me their datas etc, if you would be so kind.
Maybe you could rate it from 0 to 10 or maybe school marks A-F ?
€: If you want to compare with yours etc... my Pc reaches about 7 FPS in ASCII game Dwarf fortress: slaves to Armok... I think thats not that good, because its really really slow and sometimes its stuck and nothing moves, though the game needs 200 mHZ pentium in general... :/

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR ... err, maybe

hmmm, troll, or just really not with it much.

You could give that POS (player owned system) some help by just adding some more memory ... XP will thank you for 1gb ... :)

:user:

oh, and I'm hovering over a certain button just itchin to press it ... :nod:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
hmmm, troll, or just really not with it much.

You could give that POS (player owned system) some help by just adding some more memory ... XP will thank you for 1gb ... :)

oh, and I'm hovering over a certain button just itchin to press it ... :nod:
I am not a troll, thanks for that advice... I am not that into PC stats and technics, I just want my PC rated, though you are about 1 nanometres above a certain red banhammerbutton of death and justice :S
€: For example my CPU-usage is about 60% though I just opened 1 firefox browser window (this site). Also I don't know why you are above that button... I really don't want to troll or that stuff I am telling the truth and I want my PC rated :[. Furthermore I want to know today's standarts of PC's stats

€2: There you got my stats, censored some things, because I don't know if its necessary to show...
pcstats.png

There u go...

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Like the others have said, the PC is looking a bit dated. It's not possible to rate it out of 10 or anything like that, as there is no way to define the scales.

All of the components are quite a few years old now, so you'd need to upgrade them all to get a performance boost in games.

Adding an extra 512MB RAM as Mucks suggested will give you a noticeable and cost effective performance increase.

If you want to see benchmarks and graphs showing the performance of your components compared to other PCs, try downloading SiSoft Sandra on this site : http://www.sisoftware.net//?d=dload&f=sware_dl_3264&l=en&a=

Reaction score
Here you go.... compare it to my work Laptop

Time of this report: 2/2/2010, 16:51:27
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ProBook 6545b
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M600 (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Display Memory: 1458 MB (308 MB Dedicated)

(Haven't upgraded the RAM yet... got 2x 4GB sticks beside me... but I have configured the dual boot into W7 Pro x64)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm not into "stats" either, so I'll try plain English ...

Your PC is over 100 years old, it needs retiring, however, if you wanna give it some extra breathing space, add more memory, ask Crucial to assist you in making the right choice of memory.

Spending any more money than the above is a waste of pennies ... :)

Ask a Question