Raspberry Pi 2 - Then and Now, a Comparison

Review Raspberry Pi 2 - Then and Now, a Comparison

Reaction score
Harkis submitted a new article:

Raspberry Pi 2 - Then and Now, a Comparison - How does the new Raspberry Pi 2 compare to previous models?

Good things come in little packages, so goes the saying. And rather than trying to cheer up a boy whose growth spurt hadn't kicked in (cough), its clear that statement was designed to perfectly describe the Raspberry Pi; the tiny computer that could.

Although it was designed for the education market primarily, when the Pi was first released, I like many others was incredibly keen to get my hands on one purely to tinker and see if the box really was as good as reports had led me to believe....

Read more about this article...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great work @Harkis

I've been eyeing up one of these for a while now. I fired up my original Pi B last weekend and installed Raspbian on it so I could interface with some home automation stuff via Linux. In end I just used the command line as the desktop was frustratingly slow, it seems the Pi 2 is going to fix that and make it much more usable for people!

Reaction score
Certainly. I expected a bump in performance, but was surprised by how much more useable it made things. Really looking forward to seeing just what else it's capable of. It might now actually give me the impetus to start getting my head around the electronics side of things...

Ask a Question