ramdisk won't work

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with MS ramdisk. XPE is booting from a DiskOnChip. Our customer want's to have a ramdisk with about 8MB.
In the Component Designer I made a component, by importing the inf file. That did not work within XPE. Ramdisk was not loaded. I used the sample driver: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;257405&x=7&y=11

Then I worked with InCtrl to find the correct entries in the registry and put them in the component.
Same Result. Ramdisk was not loaded.

Then I tried to install the ramdisk manually within XPE. I did it with the already installed inf file. However the install process said something like "There are no hardware information found". Then I mapped a network share and used the same inf file to install the ramdisk. Everything worked as expected.

If I now shutdown the computer and going to clone this configuration to another flash, or make a cold boot with the installed system the ramdisk is loaded but not working.

Within XP Professional on the same hardware everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Ask a Question