RAM upgrade.

Reaction score
I have a HP Pavilion 733n AMD Athlon 2400 with 2.00Ghz and 256MB Ram. I want to upgrade from 256mb ram to at least 512 or more. I found an upgrade of ram at 1GB called the Edge 1GB. It said that I should update the latest BIOS revision prior to upgrading my memory. What is BIOS and how do I upgrade it?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you have already bought the ram just swap it with your present ram and see if it works . Don't forget to unplug the pc and take some anti-static precautions before opening the case .

If the new ram is the same speed and has spec as your original ram then it may work with your old ram which would give you a little more memory . Try it on its own first though .

Will your motherboard support 1GB modules some older boards only support 512 kb modules ? Check it out in your manual before buying .

If you haven't bought the ram , how much is it ? We may be able to point you to a better deal .

user.gif

Reaction score
Most modern systems now have at least 1gb of RAM mate so the upgrade would be wise and plesant for yourself.
If your laptop wont have it, it should... should im not saying will, but it should beep 3 times, this means "Noes i dont want upgrade plzkk?" :)

Hope i have helped : D

Ask a Question