R.I.P Steve Jobs - 1955-2011

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Steve Jobs

I know most of us are PC users here, but there are a few Mac users. Sadly Steve Jobs paased away age 56

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," Apple's Board of Directors said Wednesday in a statement. "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/241234/apple_chairman_steve_jobs_dead_at_56.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...Steve-Jobs-Apple-co-founder-dies-aged-56.html

Bill Gates statement

Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and longtime rival of Steve Jobs, has issued a statement expressing his sadness at the passing of Steve Jobs. In it, Gates describes their relationship as one of “colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.”
Gates’s full statement is included below:
“I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.”​

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It is indeed a really sad day. :(

Steve will be remembered for a very long time to come as he has single handedly revolutionized the way music is digitized and available online, it was him who saw into the future.

May he rest in eternal peace.

Steve Jobs (wikipedia page)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A great business mind, a great idea and millions bought into it.

TTFN Mr Jobs

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Apparently those westboro freaks are going to picket his Funeral because 'He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin'

Which was tweeted from an iphone...! :lol:

Westboro Baptist Church announced plans Wednesday night to protest Steve Jobs’s funeral, sending the message out. . .wait for it. . . via Twitter for iPhone.

Margie Phelps, daughter of the small church’s founder and the lawyer who represented the church during their First Amendment case at the Supreme Court, (which Westboro won,) was among the Phelps family members to use Apple products to Tweet about the death of the Apple co-founder.

“Westboro will picket his funeral.He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin,” Margie tweeted Wednesday. night on her iPhone.

The Topeka, Kan. based church is mostly made up of Phelps family members but has risen to international infamy because of their funeral protests of celebrities and American soldiers. The church’s members believe that God punishes America for its tolerance of sin, including acceptance of homosexuality.

The iPhone-wielding Westboro members seemed unable to find any irony in their embrace of the technology of a man they condemn. One church member even suggested that God was using Jobs to help advance the message of Westboro Baptist Church: “God used Steve Jobs to create amazing STUFF for WBC to preach,” wrote Shirley Phelps-Roper.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...neral-protest/2011/10/06/gIQAJqBjPL_blog.html

http://twitter.com/#!/MargieJPhelps/status/121733810231590912

Sad ****ers.........

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bunch of Numpty's

Respect obviously isn't a word they practice in there church!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
These nutters are best ignored - otherwise more publicity for them. :blush:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Steve Jobs had pancreatic cancer, was given the all clear but it came back with a vengenance and killed him.

Cancer is this planet's population's blight.

We have also recently lost folk singer Bert Jansch to cancer.

Steve Jobs was a visionary for sure, I don't care for Apple a great deal but I do recognise his uniqueness and the ability to develop a product that becomes in great demand by some of the masses and for that I raise my hat to him.

As for the Westboro 'church' they're a bunch of sickos who also protest at the funerals of US servicemen killed on active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. Recently several US motorcycle groups have formed barricades to stop them making insulting noises at servicemen's funerals so it looks as if they trying to find new targets to draw attention to their sick selves.

It's a good job Uncle Flops is not let loose amongst them cos I would end up in a holding cell charged with gbh or assault.

Anyhow, Steve Jobs - RIP fella, you done well.

Ask a Question