QUICKTIME - Systray Icon won't go

G

I have a two user WinXP Home machine. Both users are Administrators. I installed Quicktime 6.5 using one user. In the sytem tray options, it's simple to disable the icon. Hover, if I go to the second user, some options from the QT systray icon menu are greyed out, and if I go in QT preferences, and disable the system tray icon, I can uncheck the option, but the icon does not disappear, and when I go back in prefs, the option is checked again
Any ideas why QT not behaving the same way in two admin users?

G

I dont know why it is not behaving the same way but I would disable the Quicktime tray Icon completely when the computer starts up because you can always open quicktime from your programs list. If you want to do that click start, Run, type Msconfig then click the startup tab and read very carefully to find the entry and uncheck it. Thats how you disable startup programs

----- Pedro wrote: ----

I have a two user WinXP Home machine. Both users are Administrators. I installed Quicktime 6.5 using one user. In the sytem tray options, it's simple to disable the icon. Hover, if I go to the second user, some options from the QT systray icon menu are greyed out, and if I go in QT preferences, and disable the system tray icon, I can uncheck the option, but the icon does not disappear, and when I go back in prefs, the option is checked again
Any ideas why QT not behaving the same way in two admin users?

Ask a Question