Quick Screen Resolution Changes

G

I frequently switch screen resolutions for various graphics programs. Is there any way to create a desktop shortcut (to a batch file) to accomplish this? Or, am I stuck with the Display Properties dialog box to make the switch

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

B

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
Subject: Quick Screen Resolution Changes
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:51:08 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.multimedia

I frequently switch screen resolutions for various graphics programs. Is there any way to create a desktop shortcut (to a
batch file) to accomplish this? Or, am I stuck with the Display Properties dialog box to make the switch?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
---

Some third party display drivers will come with a Systray utility that will allow you to quickly change between dispaly
resolutions. If you search the web you may even be able to find a shareware utility that will do this.

You can create a short cut use the command below as the target, which will open the display dialog with it already on the
Settings tab.

%windir%\system32\control.exe desk.cpl,,3

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Ask a Question