Quick Launch Toolbar question

I don't see another question like mine, so here goes. Until recently, I had
moved my Quick Launch Task Bar to a vertical position on the left side my my
monitor. Then one day when I started my computer, the QL bar was attached to
the task bar at the bottom. I cannot undock the QL bar now to a "floating
palette" as before. The taskbar can be moved in its entirity, but not the QL
bar seperately. I had this happen before and resolved it with a restore. It
really puzzled me then and frustrates me now. I don't remember an update
just before this happened either. Undoubtably, the tripped switch is in the
registry but I can't find anything. I only wished is was as simple as
"unlocking the taskbar" so let's not go there. Suggestions?

Larry Samuels

Click on the left border of the QL toolbar (like you were going to resize
it) and drag it to the desktop.

--
Larry Samuels Associate Expert
MS-MVP (2001-2005)

Larry Samuels said:
Click on the left border of the QL toolbar (like you were going to resize
it) and drag it to the desktop.

I don't know what your an "Associate Expert" in but it's apparently not
comprehension. Maybe you could re-read my question and find that I did have
it undocked at one time. Your answer is an insulting.

Larry Samuels

Well sorry for trying to help--I posted how to undock because sometimes
people forget how they originally accomplished a task.

Good luck with your problem, though I doubt you will get many replies with
an attitude like that.

--
Larry Samuels Associate Expert
MS-MVP (2001-2005)
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
Expert Zone-

Larry, my attitude is not the problem ... getting answers that a first grader
is already past, is the problem. I have asked this same question in other
forums and not one person has said anything other than unlock the taskbar, or
give me the instructions on how to do it, so my level of frustration is
extremely high. It's obvious that you nor anybody else in the forum knows
the secret to my problem. I don't know how to contact anyone at MS, but
something is buggy here.

David Candy

Morons like you never give full symptoms. If we guess you throw a tantrum.

If you give a list of full symptoms I'll diagnose if I can (I think I can guess). But why would I take the risk of being wrong.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

I don't know what other symptoms there are. Either I drag the QL off the
taskbar or I can't, right?

why such a cryptic response? if you don't know the answer, just say so. i
reviewed the registry key you cited, but nothing looks out of the ordinary.
all data values are set to 0, with the exception of "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"
which is has a value of 91. is uppose that this is a bug i'll have to live
with.

Larry Samuels

LOL--you're wasting your time David.
The OP wants the answer handed to him on a silver platter while complaining
about anyone that tries to help..

--
Larry Samuels Associate Expert
MS-MVP (2001-2005)
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
Expert Zone-
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Look under local machine. The entry will have the word bands in it.

I would like to thanks both Larry and David with their unparalleled support
with my question. Larry, it's quite clear by tell me to drag the QL bar off
the taskbar after I had explained in detail what I was experiencing that you
fully comprehended my dilemma and did your utmost to solve it for me. David,
thanks for providing the registry key with a explanation of what I might see
there. I guess my temper tantrum and being a moron in your eyes, was the
reason your highly touted expertise is sought after here. By the way, the
URL you have in your signature leads me to believe that you’re a liberal
democrat … I won’t say anything else about that. I’m sure many people will
understand. Uncle Larry, it was very nice to see your weighty capabilities
with Microsoft products. I hope we can chat again.

I suppose my problem here was too menial for too many "experts" to get
involved in. That's fine, I understand others have far more serious barriers
to overcome in computers. It’s very clear to me now that the “experts†here
think anyone who poses a question is a beginner and idiots who can be easily
dazzled by flashes of bullcrap. I suppose it will be a relief to know that
your overwhelming support and tremendous knowledge of complex issues will not
be wasted on me I the future.

Oh, did I say thanks?

Yours very truly,

Wes