Quick Launch Bar

Darlene

I am running Windows XP Pro. Can any one tell me how to stop my quick launch
bar from disappearing. I have it with a check mark and every time I reboot
I lose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If sending me an email reply please remove spam from my email address.
Darlene

something

Point to Start right click and choose Properties Under the Taskbar tab check
Show Quick Launch

hope this help

Darlene

Wish that would have helped something. But I already had that checked and I
still lose the quick launch bar. Everytime I reboot it is gone. The check
mark on right click for quick launch is not there. I keep putting it back
but it keeps disappearing. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Darlene said:
Wish that would have helped something. But I already had that checked and I
still lose the quick launch bar. Everytime I reboot it is gone. The check
mark on right click for quick launch is not there. I keep putting it back
but it keeps disappearing. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
"something" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Point to Start right click and choose Properties Under the Taskbar tab

check
> Show Quick Launch
>
> hope this help
>

> "Darlene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I am running Windows XP Pro. Can any one tell me how to stop my quick

> launch
> > bar from disappearing. I have it with a check mark and every time I

> reboot
> > I lose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> > If sending me an email reply please remove spam from my email address.
> > Darlene

Do you have IBM Access Connections?

Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The mysterious "Apply" button

I do not know if you ever solved the problem but here is a solution. My wife's computer was having the same problem with the QL TB disappearing on every reboot so I went searching on the web for an answer, running across this thread in the process. No one seemed to know what to do so I started a little experimenting on my own.
Try this:
right click the "start" button
select the "properties" item
select the "taskbar" tab
You will probably see that the box by the QL selection is checked, uncheck it.
click "apply"
recheck the QL box
click "apply"
do not be concerned with the "lock taskbar" box, it should be checked.
The QL TB will be there when you reboot.

Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
something said:
Point to Start right click and choose Properties Under the Taskbar tab check
Show Quick Launch

hope this help

"Darlene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I am running Windows XP Pro. Can any one tell me how to stop my quick

launch
> bar from disappearing. I have it with a check mark and every time I

reboot
> I lose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> If sending me an email reply please remove spam from my email address.
> Darlene

I USED THE ADVICE TO UNCHECK THE QL BOX AND RECHECK AND APPLY, IT WORKED GOOD THANKS, CALUNO

Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
restore quicklaunch taskbar - november 2006

this will work:

Step 1:
Right click on WIN XP START button: slide up to properties: the nselect TASKBAR> then UNCHECK in "Show Quick Launch"

Step 2.

START> RUN> (copy and paste this into the run field)

IE4UINIT.EXE

hit [ENTER]

Step 3
then right click on WIN XP START button: slide up to properties: then select TASKBAR> then select place a CHECK MARK in the "Show Quick Launch"

reboot and you should be just fine.

Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Oops Error On The Previous Post

this will work: TRY THIS ONE FIRST

Step 1:
Right click on WIN XP START button: slide up to properties: then select TASKBAR> then UNCHECK in "Show Quick Launch"

Step 2.

START> RUN> (copy and paste this into the run field)

REGSVR32 /i SHELL32.DLL

hit [ENTER]

Step 3
then right click on WIN XP START button: slide up to properties: then select TASKBAR> then select place a CHECK MARK in the "Show Quick Launch"

reboot and you should be just fine.

Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I tried both recommendations and neither solved the problem. When I ran the registry change it showed a successful change, but when I rebooted the QL bar was still not present. Any other thoughts? I am running XP-Home.

Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
No Workie

I am running XP Pro and have tried all recommendations above, none of which have worked.
Any more ideas?