Quick! Help! Now!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd had a few too many last night and offered fifty pounds for an Athlon 1.4 AHYJA on another forum. This thing's supposed to be able to reach 1.6Ghz.

Right now I have an Abit KT7 RAID (FSB only 100) With Athlon 1.2 @ 1.37.

My soft menu BIOS only goes up to 12 and then 12plus. If I set it to 12plus with my 1.2, all other settings flat, it takes my unlocked 1.2 to 1.3.

What I'm wondering is will the 1.4 run at 1.4 in my KT7 RAID without having to up the FSB?

Considering I intend to upgrade mobo/CPU/cooler/RAM soon and put curent setup in another box, I think I've made a boo-boo making an offer for this chip and I may have to let the guy down.

What do you all think :confused:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If the deal looks good AFTER you have had the drinks it is not a deal, its the DRINKS:D:D:D.

You should have drinks AFTER a good deal not BEFORE.:D:D:D

Let me come to the point, let the guy down!8) 8) 8)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yup, I've just added a post to his thread declining my offer and apologising. Yeesh, do I feel bad or what?

btw Quad, received your PM, could not return one as you've disabled that Forum function ;)

The answer to your question is - it's open :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You have no reason to feel bad about it. You are a perfect HUMAN BEING not a C3PO or R2D2:D:D:D

You are being yourself and that is why I responded. Now please do have drinks on my behalf:D:D:D

I think something is very funny as far as my account on this forum is concerned. I have not disbaled any facility in my profile. You should have been able to send a PM to me.

Secondly, when I log in, the page says the date is 12-4-2002 (you last visited this forum). When I click for new posts I get a response (Sorry no matches found, try again) or something like it. I sent a few messages to Ian explaining to him about ONLINE users and the result that I get (same result is returned to me everytime). Ian was kind enough to respond to all my 3 PM's and was wondering if my browser was at fault. He suggested to me that I should reload, refresh and all other such suggestions. Nothing seems to be working. I wonder If my account here is JINXED or something. I hope he reads this message. If you can tell me what's going on I would really appreciate that. I think I am missing a lot here due to erratic behaviour (dunno what is the problem and where, is it my machine or something on the forum thats doing it).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Quad,

I cant see what the problem could be, but I have an Idea :D Try signing up again, under quadophile2 or something, see if that works, and if it does, I can move your old posts over, and then rename back to quadophile?

Worth a shot!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

That's just great!

I will do so as you suggested and will sign up as Quad. The rest of the things I will leave up to you as you know what to do.

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has it all sorted itself out now? I renamed your new account to your old one, and move the posts over :D

Ask a Question