Question on Javascript

I have IE6 SP2 and all of the sudden Javascript is not working on certain
sites like shopping.com. The error i get is:
You have clicked a link that requires Javascript to be turned on in order
to work properly.
Javascript is commonly used on the Web by Shopping.com and other sites to
enable advanced functionality and generally improve your browsing experience.

Javascript is on on my computer. What might be wrong?

Don Varnau

Hi,

Some possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet Security and a number of
other programs can be configured to block scripts.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Re-registering the DLLs listed in this article may help:
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]