Question About Type of File and Saving Movie

G

I'm having trouble saving a movie to my computer. When i try to save my project an error message comes up saying: not enough memory, problems with the clips, or saving it in a folder. I've done a test run for a smaller project that lasted only about a minute, and it saved fine. However, when I try to save the project that i'm working right now, it doesn't save. It seems that i have enough disk space, so i don't think that's the problem.

The project that i want to save is about 4 minutes long. The clips that i've used were downloaded from the internet. They were and still are avi files when imported. Does this factor into the problem? With each collection i have, there is roughly about 200 clips. Do i need to delete the clips that i don't use from the collections?

The other day i tried to save this 4 minute project, and the computer did start saving it, but then froze up at 16%. That's the only time i've ever seen it save before. I guess it was a fluke. I'm trying to make a music video using clips from a television show. The episodes were downloaded from the web and are about 40 to 45 minutes long. I've tried the papa john site, but I just can't figure anything out. Please, any help would be greatly apprectiated.

also my computer is a gateway, with a pentium 3 processor, and i've just recently upgraded it from windows 98 to windows xp. I don't know if this help. You can contact me by my email address that i have listed.

L

Lisa Campbell-Smith[MS]

Try increasing the virtual memory on your machine.
Go to Control Panel
Select System
Select Advanced
Select Settings in performance area
Select Advanced tab
Select Change in the Virtual memory area
Select the custom size radio button and increase the Initial size

Good Luck,
Lisa Campbell-Smith

G

I was finally able to save a movie. I really appreciate all the help. Your suggestions worked, my virtual memory was low. Thanks again.

Ask a Question