Publishing Problems BIG TIME

G

I made changes to our website this afternoon but the server disconnected when there was 16 minutes left. Most of the changes did go through though. I went back to the website on my c: drive and was trying to figure out how to get a calendar on a new page but ended up deleting the new page and the files in my c: and when I went back to my other pages, there was no side bar with buttons to the other pages there. I went to our website on the internet and they were there so I tried to do a remote to local transfer and it was stuck in one spot for so long that I canceled it. When I went to Frontpage on my computer, the remote website had nothing in the lefthand side for the c: drive files and the remote website was totally empty also so there was no way of doing anything - when I would press on something, it said that it could not locate our website. I could go to the first tab, press navigation on go to the different pages on the c: drive but nothing was on the 2nd tab - the remote website. I just went to our website and now there is NO buttons anywhere. There is no way at all of getting to any of our other pages from our website. I have totally messed up our webpage and have no way of knowing how to fix it. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. I am so frustrated.

G

Rachelle,

Before panic sets in, try posting the url to your website in this NG so other people can take a look and possibly assist you.

If you truly are missing files on the website, people will be able to confirm that, but your computer may just be having a REALLY BAD DAY also.

If in fact you have deleted files accidently, your host may have back-ups that can be restored.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

If you restore the online server's backup it will be however it was when it was backed up last.

Once your online web is restored you can Publish back to your local machines c: drive and all should be well.

What's the URL to the site?

| Well, I was able to get the files back into each column but the link bar is still missing from all my pages - there used to be a side bar with all the page links. It does show up on my first page at the very top but that is it. On the website though, there is no buttons anywhere. Is there a way to get my link bar back the way it used to be or do I need to go through all the steps and put a new link bar in? I'm hoping when I publish, they will then show up on the first page - otherwise I'll have to have our server upload the last saved file. If I end up doing that, will the buttons then come back on my c: drive web files???? This is such a total mess.
|
| "RachelleGS" wrote:
|
| > I made changes to our website this afternoon but the server disconnected when there was 16 minutes left. Most of the changes did go through though. I went back to the website on my c: drive and was trying to figure out how to get a calendar on a new page but ended up deleting the new page and the files in my c: and when I went back to my other pages, there was no side bar with buttons to the other pages there. I went to our website on the internet and they were there so I tried to do a remote to local transfer and it was stuck in one spot for so long that I canceled it. When I went to Frontpage on my computer, the remote website had nothing in the lefthand side for the c: drive files and the remote website was totally empty also so there was no way of doing anything - when I would press on something, it said that it could not locate our website. I could go to the first tab, press navigation on go to the different pages on the c: drive but nothing was on the 2nd tab - the remote website. I just went to our website and now there is NO buttons anywhere. There is no way at all of getting to any of our other pages from our website. I have totally messed up our webpage and have no way of knowing how to fix it. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. I am so frustrated.

Ask a Question