Public Folders Question

Cheeks194th

I have created a public folder to test adding contacts and settin
permissions throughout our company. I personally am able to copy an
of my contacts and paste them into the said public folder and i
appears as a contact. I have a few other people that I set to "owner
of that folder and when they try to copy one of their contacts to th
said public folder it adds it as a discussion. How can I get aroun
this? What am I doing wrong?

Their permissions are the exact same as mine.
We have Exchange Server 2003
I am using Outlook 2003
Most people are using Outlook 2003
A couple use Outlook 2007

Thanks for any hel

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

How exactly are they adding them to the Public Contacts Folder? I usually
drag with the right mouse button and Copy them there.

Are the people who have trouble the ones on the other version of Outlook?

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

Cheeks194th

When in the contacts I do the ctrl-c and then goto the public folder and
ctrl-v. Simple copy paste commands.

'Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_676_ said:
;340715']How exactly are they adding them to the Public Contacts Folder?
I usually
drag with the right mouse button and Copy them there.

Are the people who have trouble the ones on the other version of
Outlook?

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

[/i]
[/QUOTE]

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

My question was how are THEY adding them. Your method is working, theirs is
not. If possible, go watch them do it.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

Cheeks194th said:
When in the contacts I do the ctrl-c and then goto the public folder and
ctrl-v. Simple copy paste commands.

'Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_676_ said:
;340715']How exactly are they adding them to the Public Contacts Folder?
I usually
drag with the right mouse button and Copy them there.

Are the people who have trouble the ones on the other version of
Outlook?

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

[/i]
[/QUOTE]

Cheeks194th

I am sorry I did not write what I meant. This is the same way they ar
doing it. The ctrl c and ctrl v command.

;341757']My question was how are THEY adding them. Your method i