.PST from OL2000 to OL2002 is sloooooow

B

Bill

I successfully added the .PST file from my original Win98SE OL2000 to Win2000 OL2002
into a new Personal Folders structure.

I can read my email O.K. except... the very first time I click on an email folder there
is an extremely long delay before the contents of the folder is displayed. For large
folders the delay can be as long as 30 seconds. But after that, any time I access that
folder it's displayed immediately.

Does OL2002 change the format of the OL2000 .PST? If I compact the .PST file, would that
help? Are there compatibility issues I should address?

Thanks!!!

Bill.

B

Bill

File > Data File Management > Add.

The .PST is about 1G. I had absolutely no problems with this .PST file in OL2000. It
appears to be independent of the size of the .PST file and it totally dependent upon the
size of the folder itself, so I'm guessing that OL2002 is reindexing the folder somehow
the first time it's accessed.

Bill.

D

DL

I can think of no obvious reason, the format of the two versions is the
same/not changed until OL2003
Are you actually useing the 'old' pst as your default mail location or is
the pst just used to refer to 'old' mail.
You could run the repair tool on it scanpst.exe and see if it finds any
problems.

B

Bill

I'm using the old .pst as my default mail location, same as with OL2000. Right now it's
only an inconvenience; the delay only happens the very first time I view a folder.

Where is the repair tool?

Ask a Question