PS reader

Chakolate

Is there a .ps reader other than adobe? I'd hate to have to saddle myself
with version 7 (or higher?) just because I want a postscript reader.

Chakolate

Susan Bugher

Chakolate said:
Is there a .ps reader other than adobe? I'd hate to have to saddle myself
with version 7 (or higher?) just because I want a postscript reader.

Chakolate

You don't have to. ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#5.01PDFViewer

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson

Is there a .ps reader other than adobe? I'd hate to have to saddle myself
with version 7 (or higher?) just because I want a postscript reader.
[...]
You don't have to. ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_TEXT.php#5.01PDFViewer

Um. I don't think any of the viewer listed there will do pure PostScript.
The best for this is, IMHO, still the Ghostscript & GSview combination:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost

GPL version if used on business, AFPL for home. Although GSView has gone
Nagware it is still legally free.

BeAr

Susan Bugher

B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson said:
Um. I don't think any of the viewer listed there will do pure PostScript.

Mea culpa - mea maxima culpa. . . I saw "Adobe" and reacted hastily. The "PostScript" part sank in
a bit later. Of course that was just *after* I sent the post :(

so. . .

I decided to let bad enough alone. . . feeling sure people who know more about PostScript than I
do would offer *good* advice. :)

erm. . . how many demerits do I get for the lousy post?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson

Um. I don't think any of the viewer listed there will do pure PostScript.
[...]
erm. . . how many demerits do I get for the lousy post?

There, there, Susan. If I look outside it may be dark, yet. (Here in
Europe.) But the world as a whole seems to be in fairly good order,
still. ;-)

BeAr

Sparky

Susan said:
Mea culpa - mea maxima culpa. . . <stuff deleted>... how many demerits do I get for the lousy post?

Susan

None. But you can have mine! Now, now. No need to thank me.

-Sparky

Chakolate

Is there a .ps reader other than adobe? I'd hate to have to saddle
myself with version 7 (or higher?) just because I want a postscript
reader.

Thanks to all who replied. acf rocks!

Chak