program exceptions in GPO for firewall

Hello,

W2K domain, W2K server for GPO management.

XP PRO SP2

Configuration via GPO's seem to work except for the program exception they
are not being seen by the clients, ports are ... I'm clueless for the
moment; please help! Thx

I set up my program exceptions under Admin Templates, Network, Network
Connections, Domain Profile, and they work fine. You need to be sure that
your syntax is absolutely correct with no spaces and other things it won't
like. Follow the syntax instructs in the GPO itself.

Feng Mao

Hi,

Thank you for posting!

I suspect that you want to configure Windows Firewal: Define program
exceptions and Windows Firewall: Allow loca program exceptions. Do not
hestitae to correct me if I am wrong.

If it is the case, I wonder what is the method you use to load the Windows
XP Service Pack 2 to configure the Windows Firewall related settings.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: program exceptions in GPO for firewall
| Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:57:43 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
|
| You're were spot on: "enable" instead of "enabled" won't do it thx!
|

| | >I set up my program exceptions under Admin Templates, Network, Network
| > Connections, Domain Profile, and they work fine. You need to be sure
that
| > your syntax is absolutely correct with no spaces and other things it
won't
| > like. Follow the syntax instructs in the GPO itself.
| >
| >> Hello,
| >>
| >> W2K domain, W2K server for GPO management.
| >>
| >> XP PRO SP2
| >>
| >> Configuration via GPO's seem to work except for the program exception
| >> they
| >> are not being seen by the clients, ports are ... I'm clueless for the
| >> moment; please help! Thx

Thx for your reply,

I just made a typo in the configuration, I typed ""enable" instead of
"enabled" in the string to add, now everything works as it should. FYI we
loaded it from a XP SP2 machine with the admin tools installed and now we
now also configure it on a W2K3 machine with the admin tools installed and
patched with the fix for long strings. No issues there.

Have a nice day!

.. "Feng Mao said:
Hi,

Thank you for posting!

I suspect that you want to configure Windows Firewal: Define program
exceptions and Windows Firewall: Allow loca program exceptions. Do not
hestitae to correct me if I am wrong.

If it is the case, I wonder what is the method you use to load the Windows
XP Service Pack 2 to configure the Windows Firewall related settings.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.
--------------------
| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: program exceptions in GPO for firewall
| Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:57:43 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
|
| You're were spot on: "enable" instead of "enabled" won't do it thx!
|

| | >I set up my program exceptions under Admin Templates, Network, Network
| > Connections, Domain Profile, and they work fine. You need to be sure
that
| > your syntax is absolutely correct with no spaces and other things it
won't
| > like. Follow the syntax instructs in the GPO itself.
| >
| >> Hello,
| >>
| >> W2K domain, W2K server for GPO management.
| >>
| >> XP PRO SP2
| >>
| >> Configuration via GPO's seem to work except for the program exception
| >> they
| >> are not being seen by the clients, ports are ... I'm clueless for the
| >> moment; please help! Thx

Feng Mao

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. I am glad that it works fine now.

Do not hesitate to post your question to the newsgroup in the future.

| > |
| > |
| > |