Program access with restricted user

Geds

hello, I need some help here.

"Please ensure that you are logged into your computer
under an account with administrator rights"

that is the msg I receive when i try to run a specific
program from a restricted user. How can I give this user
permissions for specific programs and not give it full
administrator rights?

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Geds,

See the "workaround" section of the following KB Article:

307091 Certain Programs Do Not Work Correctly If You Log On Using a Limited
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307091

If this doesn't work, see the following:

285909 How to Troubleshoot Program Compatibility Issues in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=285909

294895 How to Obtain the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=294895

304530 HOW TO: Use Compatibility Administration Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304530

294416 HOW TO: Use Qfixapp.exe in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=294416

301911 HOW TO: Use the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301911

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE