"procedure entry point" message

md

I recently upgraded from Windows XP Home to Windows XP
Pro. When I attempt to access "System Restore" I get the
following error message:

(Blue bar at top)
rundll32.exe - Entry Point Not Found

(message)
The procedure entry point
RemoteAccessPrepareSystemRestore could not be located in
the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll

I can't access the Systems Restore tab-- all of the other
tabs in the window appear, but no Systems Restore. Does
anyone know why and what to do about this?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello MD,
Have you installed SP1?
It sounds like the Winsta.dll file is missing or needs to be updated to
SP1. Try replacing that file or install SP1 if SP1 has not been installed
already.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| From: "md" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "md" <[email protected]>
| Subject: "procedure entry point" message
| Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:11:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| I recently upgraded from Windows XP Home to Windows XP
| Pro. When I attempt to access "System Restore" I get the
| following error message:
|
| (Blue bar at top)
| rundll32.exe - Entry Point Not Found
|
| (message)
| The procedure entry point
| RemoteAccessPrepareSystemRestore could not be located in
| the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll
|
| I can't access the Systems Restore tab-- all of the other
| tabs in the window appear, but no Systems Restore. Does
| anyone know why and what to do about this?

I am having the same problem as he is......how do we restore that SP1 or the file? Thanks!