Problems with XP Pro and Uninstalling Wireless Network

G

I just setup a m7463w HP and I have no connection on wireless network. In
trying to uninstall this so I can setup a wired network, the same thing keeps
coming back and can't get rid of it. I don't know if wireless works on cable
modems or not but would really like to have wired network cause my 1st
computer is setup that way. Can you help me out ?

T

thecreator

Hi Mike,

Looking up the computer on the Internet @ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=en&product=1847156&lang=en&docname=c00621081 , it comes with a Wireless Card and Integrated LAN support for Wired Setup.

In order to connect to Comcast thru your Wireless Card, you need to have either a Wireless Cable Modem with a Built-in Wireless Router or a seperate Wireless Router. A Wireless Router, is wired to the Comcast Cable Modem, then out to the Internet.

Regardless, of which method you want, you need to decide if both computers are going to be connected to the Internet at the same time? If both will be connected, then you need either a Wired or Wireless Router.

If you go, Wireless, then your new Computer doesn't need to be in the same room, but can be in a different room from the room where the Cable Modem is located in. If Wired, then both computers, need to be in the same room.

I have a Wireless Setup.

If you don't want Wireless, then disable the Wireless Card in Computer BIOS or remove the Card from the Computer.

G

Well, I must have not made it clear. I DO NOT have a card for wireless LAN it
is built in to this computer, and I can't get the driver to unload and stay
unloaded, it keeps coming back when I reboot the computer.

T

thecreator

In the Computer BIOS for your computer, does it then give you options to disable it?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cname=bph07110&product=1847156&dlc=en&lang=en

Did you open up the computer? Your Wireless Card is a PCI Card that is plugged into the Motherboard. You need to remove the Wireless Card Drivers from the Device Manager before you remove the Card from the computer. As long as the Card is inside the computer, it will keep reinstalling the drivers for the card.

If you don't believe me, Call HP Support at 1-800-HP-Invent OR 1-800-474-6836. Give them your computer information.

G

Okay, now I've taken care of that, and I can't get the driver for wired LAN
to setup.
Have any ideas for that !

T

thecreator

Hi Mike,

Yes, Go into your Computer's BIOS, and make sure that the Onboard LAN is not disabled. If HP installed the Wireless Card, they may have disabled the Onboard LAN. You want it enabled.

Don't forget to visit your HP Computer's Home Page and Updated Drivers and BIOS.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=1847156&os=228

Once your Device is Enabled and Windows does not have your Drivers to install, open the computer and post the information on the LAN Chip, exactly.

I did not find LAN Drivers on the HP Site for your Model posted. You may have them on a CD that came with the computer.

Ask a Question