problems with tutle beach hpa 5.1 headphones

Reaction score
ok i got these headphones so i can play counter strike good and loud. i am having a lot of problems with these headphones though. first off i dont know what setting i should put the computer desktop thing on. it doesnt tell me in the manual. ill give choices.
Headphone
2Ch
4Ch
6Ch
8Ch
which setting should i pick for my pc?
second in counter strike i barely hear it at all even if i put the amp thing on full volume. seems to work with music and stuff( since it was on full volume i almost made myslef deaf) what settings should i put it for counter strike
options are
headphone
but when i choose one i can barely here anything even on full, then when i try playing music i nearly go deaf its so loud? what is wrong with them? please someone help me i dont want to waste all of this money
here is the official site....
http://turtlebeach.com/site/products/earforce/hpa/ there are next buttons to next

**Edit
YA DEFINENLLTY WRONG WITH COUNTER STRIKE WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE GAME?

Last edited:
Reaction score
here is my settings for counterstrike/halflife2 , all my other games seem to work except for these and they are both the same pretty much by the way. ahhh plz help me

Reaction score
ah...

those headphones did not get great reviews.... but i assume your soundcard is at least 5.1 surround to begin with?

I hate to bang on about this, but how can we help when we dont know what your soundcard is?

please provide at least that information....

Reaction score
o i am soooooo sry, my sound card is the card on the mobo "asus a8n sli premium" card. i am almost postivitve it is just the game because all my other games work fine. i listen to music fine, watch dvds fine, it is just counterstrike source/half life 2 i am having trouble with, i cant barely hear anything! ahh im going insane!

Reaction score
guys i figured it out! all i had to do was switch the center with the subwoofer now it works perfectly with all games and my music/movies sound even better!

Reaction score
o now i am getting problems, i can hear music and audio from programs but i cant hear basic sounds like shut off or aim recieve/send . and any other basic audio, i can hear music from windows media player, games, movies, omg i dont get computers some time. im using xp, a8n premium mobo, amd athlon x2 4200+ and 6800 gt gfx can someone help me out?

Ask a Question