Problems with OS 9 / OS X and Windows 2000 Server with SFM

G

I have got the following problem:

On a w2000 Server we installed File and print Services for Macintosh and created a Mac-share.
Both Mac OS 9 and OS X clients can access the share and have full control. However when , for example, a Photoshop file is
saved from a OS X client to the share and the OS 9 client opens it, it can not determine that is a Photoshop file.
When a Mac OS 9 client creates a file like that both clients recognize the file as being a PhotoShop file.

Does anyone know what is going wrong and how to solve this problem without upgrading all the Mac-clients to OS X.

G

I have to make a little correction.
It is the other way around. When the Mac OS 9 save the file the Mac OS X client does not recognize the file
as a Photoshop file. When a OS X saves it they both recognize the file as a Photoshop file.

----- Edwin Roes wrote: -----

I have got the following problem:

On a w2000 Server we installed File and print Services for Macintosh and created a Mac-share.
Both Mac OS 9 and OS X clients can access the share and have full control. However when , for example, a Photoshop file is
saved from a OS X client to the share and the OS 9 client opens it, it can not determine that is a Photoshop file.
When a Mac OS 9 client creates a file like that both clients recognize the file as being a PhotoShop file.

Does anyone know what is going wrong and how to solve this problem without upgrading all the Mac-clients to OS X.

Ask a Question