Problems with internet shortcuts

Matt Cortner

From: "Matt Cortner" <[email protected]>
Subject: Problems opening internet shortcuts
Date: Saturday, February 07, 2004 3:14 AM

I have created internet shortcuts on my desktop. When I double click on
them it pops a blank IE page but then gives the error "windows cannot find
'<URL>'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." I assume
the file associations are correct as it pops a blank IE page. If I make the
shortcut https:\\www...... then it works fine but if the shortcut is
http:\\www... then it pops the error.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matt!

Ramesh [MVP]

Matt,

Open IE [Tools] [Internet Options] [Programs] [Reset Web Settings]

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k