Problems with everything on vista

Okay, i've had this computer for 4 days now, cost a fair bit.

I set everything up that came with it, it worked well for the first..10
minutes? Then the problems started. After installing the last programme it
asked me to restart. I do so, when it turned back on and came back to desktop
2 error messages came up, and another message saying that the d link
programme cannot opperate properly and needs to close. the internet still
works, but programmes like; Limewire, Java, Runescape etc will not work.

Seeing this is a new computer im pretty pissed that its already not working
properly.

Any suggestions etc will be very helpful, thank you.

Bruce Chambers

Vista-is it worth getting? said:
Okay, i've had this computer for 4 days now, cost a fair bit.

I set everything up that came with it, it worked well for the first..10
minutes? Then the problems started. After installing the last programme it
asked me to restart. I do so, when it turned back on and came back to desktop
2 error messages came up, and another message saying that the d link
programme cannot opperate properly and needs to close. the internet still
works, but programmes like; Limewire, Java, Runescape etc will not work.

Seeing this is a new computer im pretty pissed that its already not working
properly.

Any suggestions etc will be very helpful, thank you.

Are those non-working programs you mentioned all certified by their
respective manufacturers as being fully Vista-compatible? If so,
contact those manufacturers for assistance. If not, remove them and
install Vista-compatible equivalents.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Charlie Tame

Vista-is it worth getting? said:
Okay, i've had this computer for 4 days now, cost a fair bit.

I set everything up that came with it, it worked well for the first..10
minutes? Then the problems started. After installing the last programme it
asked me to restart. I do so, when it turned back on and came back to desktop
2 error messages came up, and another message saying that the d link
programme cannot opperate properly and needs to close. the internet still
works, but programmes like; Limewire, Java, Runescape etc will not work.

Seeing this is a new computer im pretty pissed that its already not working
properly.

Any suggestions etc will be very helpful, thank you.

Did it come with Vista pre installed or do you mean you installed
everything yourself. Can you give a bit more detail. Is it a 32 or 64
bit machine and is it 32 or 64 bit Vista (32 bit Vista will work on both
32 and 64 bit hardware).

If it came with some manufacturer's driver CDs for the various bits and
you installed Vista followed by those other CDs have you since gone to
the various websites and checked for updates? The driver software that
came with my new hardware 6 months ago is now completely out of date and
will get me going but not as well as the newer stuff.

Although Vista has it's problems it should be very stable and it sounds
like you have problems you shouldn't have. If you can post details of
the Motherboard and the various bits of hardware someone here may
identify where problems are coming from a lot easier.

Robert Firth

I have a wireless card from D-Link that does that same thing when their
default program loads when the computer starts up. I don't know about your
model, but mine isn't supported - yet. They say they are still working on
it.

And why are you having problems with Java? Install version 6 update 1 and
there should not be any problems. But you really need to contact the
manufacturers web site for more information on compatibility and support.

DP

Shortly after Vista came out I remember some noise about Limewire not being
compatible. I don't know if that was ever fixed/updated.
I don't use it, so I don't know much more than that.

One more thought: It probably would help if you specifically listed the
other programs that don't work. You refer to them as "etc." Each program is
going to have its own issues.
Java, of course, is not a program, but someone else has already given you
advice on what to do there.

"Vista-is it worth getting?" <Vista-is it worth
[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Mike Glenn

Is the user certified from microsoft?

If not they should online www.microsoft.com and complete the soul transfer
form that will tranfer all rights to their souls to microsoft....

then you will be able to use vista!!!

PS. you are an idiot and someone has to tell you this, because you actually
think otherwise!!!!

Rich

Is the user certified from microsoft?

If not they should online www.microsoft.com and complete the soul transfer
form that will tranfer all rights to their souls to microsoft....

then you will be able to use vista!!!

PS. you are an idiot and someone has to tell you this, because you
actually think otherwise!!!!

Lets see ... I'll bet you believe in Global Warming too ;)
just a guess

Rich