Windows XP Problems wiith Autoplay

Reaction score
Normally when I insert a DVD into my DVD drive it plays with PowerDVD automatically, courtesy Autoplay.

Today it showed just the contents in an Explorer window. And looking at the Autoplay tab in the Properties for that drive I see the list of actions no longer even *includes* PowerDVD.

Is there a registry entry I can change to fix this please? And could someone remind me of the common causes why Autoplay stops working please?

BTW, I note that the Autoplay list of file types doesn't include 'DVD' explicitly. Do I assume 'Video files' is the only relevant one in this context?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reaction score
I also use PowerDVD and it occurs in the type "DVD Movie" in the content type list of the AutoPlay tab. (It also occurs in "Music CD" content type.)

Regarding the registry there are at least 3 keys starting

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\PDVDPlay......

and if they are missing I would advise reinstalling PowerDVD.

Reaction score
Thanks. Pleased to report that after running various housekeeping progs (CCleaner and Glary Utiliities) and rebooting, I got autoplay back.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Ask a Question