Modify Autoplay in Windows Media Center 7 full screen,... for 1 drive?

Reaction score
My setup:

I rip my bluray and dvds to ISO files that I play back by mounting them on a virtual drive (using Virtual Clone Drive) and playing through Total Media Theater 5 which has a built in media center interface that auto-launches when a BluRay iso is mounted from within Windows Media Center. -- This happens based on the Autoplay in Windows Media Center that does not adhere to the Autoplay settings in the Windows Control Panel.

In the Windows environment, I have a .bat script that I have Windows Autoplay for Blurays and for DVDs set to run (I added this custom autoplay handler for the .bat using a program called DefaultProgramsEditor). When I put a DVD in the optical drive D:/, the script automatically rips the disc to an ISO - as long as I am not in Windows Media Center.

The issue:

When I am in Windows Media Center in full screen, the Windows autoplay doesn't apply anymore. This is good in the case of my virtual drive (F:/ where the ISOs get mounted), where the Bluray player I have installed will autoplay the movie I want to watch.

For the physical drive D:/ however, I would like the Windows Media Center autoplay to ignore D:/ and allow the ripping batch script to execute in the background when a disc is inserted. I want the physical drive to always rip to iso automatically.

I would like to leave the virtual drive F:/ with the ability to autoplay the ISOs in TMT5.

Does anybody think this is possible? Any ideas? Thanks!

Ask a Question