Problems running Sage accounts in Win 2003 TS

G

Can any one help, I have just set up our new servers running Windows 2003 SBS and a separate Windows 2003 Terminal Server. I am running Sage accounts version 8.2. The problem that I have is that when you log into to Sage it displays the terminal name rather than the user name for the workstation. this can of course cause problems

In the past when I have run this application on Windows 2000 Terminal server I usually make a registry enty as per knowledge base article Q190159

Here is the key I have entered:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications\SAGE
"FLAGS"=dword:0000001

this has always worked on Win NT TS and 2000TS

However after installing the registry entry when I run Sage nothing happens, no splash screen nor any hint of the program in task manager

If I alter the key to 0x11 or 0x14 then Sage starts up fine - except for the problem that it does display the username as the workstation name

Any ideas or can anyone point me to the correct area

Many thanks

G

Thanks for that

I have given it a go but still can not get the software to work

The Program is called Sage and the executable is called Sage so therefore only one key should be required

I have tried values of 19 and 29 for this key but still the software refuses to start. I have also tried adding on 100 to see if it will work

I have also tried changing the values for the ini file as well

Do you have any other ideas?

G

Hi just spotted my deliberat mistake! I was adding 11 not 11C to the values

By adding 11C+8(32 bit app)+10(return user name insted of computer name) this adds to 134 hex

When I run the app it now starts but the computer name is still in the field rather than the user name. :-

I have also added the entrys for the ini files

Any other ideas?

V

Vera Noest [MVP]

No, I'm sorry. I've searched all the terminal server newsgroups and
found one similar post, reporting that it didn't work, but nobody
ever replied to that post.
Since this is commercial software, I would try to get support from
the vendor.

G

I found the same thread, it was last November.

Thanks anyway for your help.

If I comw accross a solution I will post the answer on here

Ask a Question